January 24, 2013

Who Am I?

Art by M.C. Escher 1960
  I have a darkness about me; it travels with me wherever I go...it is always in mind and thought. I have always had this darkness even as a child. It is protective; it wraps me with in warmth of power. This darkness is evident, but yet does not define me as a human. There are the defiant demons that grow restless in my head, that lead me at times to dread, but they enlighten me, and then they lead me to a brighter place.









  I have a lightness about me; it travels with me wherever I go... it is always in mind and thought. I have always had this lightness even as a child. It is protective; it wraps me with in coolness of fragility. This lightness is evident, but yet does not define me as a human. There are the obedient angles that bring content in my head, that leads me at times to tranquility, but they confuse me, and then they lead me to a more obscure place.


Sometimes the two mingle together, dark within the light… angels dancing with the demons, and in those times I feel  whole.























No comments:

Post a Comment